Shepherd Preschool - Page, Arizona
Director - Donna Johnson
Shepherd Preschool, located at 331 S. Lake Powel Blvd., is an early childhood education service project of Shepherd of the Desert Lutheran Church. The Preschool, founded in 1984, provides a secular and Christian early socialization and learning experience for children between the ages of three and five. The Preschool is a stand-alone 501(C)(3) nonprofit.
Classes are held year-round, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and follow the Page Unified School District calendar during the regular school year, observing all public school holidays and in-service days. Shepherd Preschool also offers a modified summer learning experience, June and July.
Any child who has reached his/her third or fourth birthday by September 1 of the year of enrollment is welcomed. Children must be completely toilet trained. Classes are limited to 24 students, or fewer. Parents or guardians must complete required forms, provided by the Preschool, prior to school attendance. A fee schedule also is available from the Preschool, and Shepherd of the Desert Lutheran Church members’ children receive a fee discount. A $25 non-refundable registration fee is charged at the time of registration.
The Shepherd Preschool program, licensed by the State of Arizona and the Arizona Department of Health Services (CDC-1433), is a proud participant in the Arizona Quality First project. The secular and Christian education program encompasses all areas of childhood development, including coordination and muscle activity, social interaction, Biblical teachings, music, art, community service and science through a variety of activities. Our goals are to:
1. involve the child in activities that increase overall communication, creativity and knowledge that promote discovery;
2. help and encourage the child to grow in positive self-awareness;
3. supply basic religious knowledge about God and His world;
4. provide an environment in which the child can develop social relationships with other children;
5. develop physical and motor skills; and
6. introduce the child to basic knowledge and numbers.
Call today to learn more! (928) 645-9398