Join us on YouTube @ Shepherd of the Desert, Page AZ
Church Service Times
Pastor Tom — email@example.com — 480-862-5048
We have reopened our church!
Join us at 10 a.m. for the weekly
Holy Communion Service
See you there!!!
Pastor and the Elders suggest the following guidelines, in accordance with the CDC and LCMS information.
Call Pastor Tom for more information, 480-862-5048.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer as you enter the sanctuary.
- Please wear a face mask upon entering and exiting the sanctuary. Wearing a mask, while seated in your individual pew, may be optional, depending on your comfort level.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in several locations in the sanctuary and other rooms. Please use liberally.
- If you are at a higher risk for illness, or have an underlying medical condition, please do everything within your means to protect yourself.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other worshippers, unless you are in the same family.
- Please sit as a family unit in your pew, and at least 6 feet from other worshippers -- perhaps even farther apart, if at all possible -- using at least every other row of pews as a buffer and more if possible. Please also keep the pew in front of you empty so the Pastor can bring communion to you and your family.
- The Communion elements will be handled with only mask and gloves by the Pastor and his assistant. Communion will be brought to you in your pew. Please leave your empty communion cup upright in your pew, and it will be removed after the service.
- The pulpit, lectern and altar are a safe distance from worshippers and masks will not be worn by the Pastor or reader(s).
- Please take your worship bulletin home with you; it can be very useful in your devotions during the week.
We are grateful to God for Rev. Thomas P. Henkes who leads our flock. Pastor Tom and wife Patsy, from Flagstaff, AZ, joined our congregation January 7, 2018, and was officially installed February 25, 2018.
God's Word Like Snow and Rain - For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return not thither but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and prosper in the thing for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:10-11